Note: This is a not a physical product.
The Cass T-Shirt and Book of Hacks is a PDF sewing pattern and PDF instruction e-book for sewing the T-shirt and five hacks for the tee.
Cass is a relaxed-fit T-shirt with grown-on sleeves, a gently rounded hem, and eye-catching shoulder seams that roll to the front of the garment. It’s only three pattern pieces: front, back, and neckband.
When you buy this digital product, you’re getting a PDF sewing pattern on steroids.
Not only do you get the sewing pattern and instructions for how to sew the tee, but you also get instructions for how to hack Cass five different ways. It’s an all in one e-book that features clear illustrations for the trickiest sewing steps.
Cass comes in sizes 00/0B to 18/20B (misses) and 14/16D to 38/40D (plus). The hacks work for both size ranges, and the pattern mods include knit and woven garments. (Check out the photo gallery for images of the hacks.)
What Makes Cass Special?
Here’s what sets Cass apart:
- It’s only three pattern pieces, which means it’s fast to cut out and fast to sew.
- You won’t have fitting woes, thanks to Cass’ relaxed style.
- The two size ranges almost guarantee you’ll find a Cass size that works for your body.
- The instructions feel like a sewing friend walking you through a project.
- The e-book basically is six sewing patterns for the price of one.
Who Can Sew Cass?
Here’s who I think would have the best time sewing Cass and its five hacks:
- Novice sewists of knits who want to level up their skills with drapey knit fabrics.
- Sewists looking for a stash-buster project.
- Sewists who want to experiment with pattern hacking.
- Stitchers looking for a wardrobe-staple pattern that can be sewn in a few hours.
What Fabrics Can I Use?
Cass is designed for lightweight knit fabrics with mega drape. The big idea is that the generous ease of this T-shirt design flows over your body.
Suggested fabrics include:
- ITY knit
- Knit blends featuring rayon, bamboo, silk, or linen
- Double-brushed poly knit
- Lightweight performance/athletic knit
What are the Cass Hacks?
Glad ya asked! You can see photos of the hacks in the gallery on this page. The e-book features photos of hacks in B and D size ranges.
The hacks are:
The Half-Tie Dress: Cinch the T-shirt dress on one side with ties that come out of the center front and center back.
The Cropped Cass: This sporty shirt is finished with a hem drawstring and sleeve bands.
The Cass Caftan: It’s a maxi-length caftan dress with a V-neckline and leg slits.
The Gathering T-Shirt: Gathers at the shoulder and back seams create visual interest with texture and volume.
The Woven T-Shirt: Transform this knit tee into a woven tee in a slinky woven fabric.
Check out more articles related to sewing your best Cass and Cass hacks:
Please send questions to erin [at] siemachtsewingblog.com.
All purchases of digital products — PDF patterns and e-books — are final. They are non-refundable and cannot be returned or exchanged.
© Sie Macht | All rights reserved. | For personal use only.