This flannel crept into my brain last week, and I can’t get it out. It raised all sorts of questions.
- Who would make a bug flannel shirt?
- Who would wear a bug flannel shirt?
- Is a bug flannel shirt ironic, or just weird?
- Where would I wear a bug flannel shirt?
Now I will attempt to answer the aforementioned queries.
- The person who makes a bug flannel shirt was looking for spider flannel and had to settle.
- The person who wears a bug flannel shirt wants you to ask questions about his or her bug flannel shirt.
- The person who wants you to ask questions about his or her bug flannel shirt wants to talk to you about each bug on the shirt without irony.
- I would wear a bug flannel shirt to watch “Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.” I get chills when I think about the centipede crawling under Willie’s hair when she rescues Indy and Short Round from the spike chamber. (See below.)
Maybe bug flannel would be cute as pillowcases for a kid who’s into insects. Or maybe it would be cute for boxers. (Nope. That’s just creepy.)
Ideas? Seen anything wacky lately at Jo-Ann?